Welcome to the official Youth Team England Tour Website
This website will keep you up to date with all YTE ranking lists, entry forms, tournament results, squadding lists and current scores for tournaments in the 2017 season.
For the first year (2015) the season will run from 1st June to 31st December.
For subsequent years, the season will run from 1st January to 31st December.
YTE TOUR EVENTS FOR 2017 SEASON
- The player must have been born between 1st January 1997 and 31st December 2004.
- There will be twelve events held throughout the season between January and December.
- A valid YTE Tour card and a valid BTBA card must be held.
- The top boy and top girl from the rankings at the end of the season will automatically be seeded into the YTE squad.
- Following the conclusion of the season, a Masters event will be held to select the remainder of the YTE squad.
- On alternate seasons when the World Youth Championships are not held, the team will play in a DBU or equivalent event.
NB: Where an event is an EITHER / OR then players will only score ranking points
from the first event they play in.
YTE Masters Qualification 2017
The qualification criteria for the YTE Masters for the
2017 season are as follows:
- The player must have finished in the top twelve of the YTE Tour.
- The player must have played a minimum of nine from the twelve ranking events (best
nine from twelve scores count)
- Should two bowlers have the same points, placing will be decided by highest average
- The player must have participated in the Youth National Championships
There will be a combined Masters event for the top twelve boys and top twelve girls.
The winner of the Masters (boy and girl) will be seeded into the YTE squad.
The format will be points based with the players playing eightteen games, moving every
World Youth Championships 2018
The qualification criteria for the World Youth Championships for the
2018 season are as follows:
- The player must have been born between 1st January 1997 and 31st December 2004 inclusive.
The top boy and girl from the Masters will be automatically seeded into the squad as will the top ranked boy and girl from the final rankings of the season.
The remaining places in the squad will be selected from the Masters event, or potentially from age eligible players on the Adult Team England ranking lists.
If the top ranked player and the winner of the Masters are the same player then the number of selected places will be increased by one.